Monday, June 17, 2013

"The Lord Will Provide a Way" - June 17, 2013



 
First things first.....The sister I met when I first arrived IS GETTING BAPTIZED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Inviting her to baptism was the sweetest moment of my mission thus far! Wow. I could go home and feel so accomplished right now. I love that woman with all of my heart and soul! There is no doubt in my mind that she was someone that the Lord prepared for ME. Our bond only continues to grow each week. She´ll be baptized which will be one of the happiest days of my entire life! Seeing someone that you so dearly love come unto Christ is something that I can´t quite describe. I don´t think I will ever get tired of being a missionary! 

Training:
I´m training a wonderful sister.  I have been so incredibly blessed by the Lord. I´m training the sweetest girl you will ever meet. She´s so eager to learn and has a lot enthusiasm and optimism.  Training is pretty intimidating I won´t lie but it’s also an incredible growing experience. The situation with our companionship is a little weird right now because we´re in a trio. My trainer is still with us for the moment but I’m the trainer so all of the roles are switched up. It´s kind of weird being in charge of the companionship when there´s an Hermana in it who has 7 months more experience than you do, but we make it work. My trainer and I found our rhythm in teaching. We work incredibly well together and now we have a third member to help us out. I love these two sisters so I’m totally willing to be in a trio to stay with them. My trainer is getting pulled from the companionship pretty soon but all is well here in Elche. 

And in other news.....I FINALLY HAD MY BREAKTHROUGH WITH THE LANGUAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes folks, I can finally communicate and hold my own! I still can´t quite understand every word that is said to me or express every thought perfectly but I can hold my own. I´m speaking Spanish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You honestly don´t know how exciting this has been to me. Miracle, miracle, miracle! There is no doubt in my mind that it is due to the help of the Lord. Becoming a trainer was a terrifying idea to me but I moved forward in faith that the Lord would provide a way and he most certainly has. He drastically improved my Spanish in a single week. MIRACLE! This is just another testimony to me that the Lord is truly at the head of His work and that He is aware of each and every one of us. He knows our concerns, worries, struggles, and weaknesses and knows how to address them perfectly. He will never hang us out to dry if we have faith in Him. All things are possible to those who believe. I know with all of the conviction in my soul that if we give it all we have, turn to the Lord, and have faith, that he will make up for the rest. On my own I am weak but with the Lord I can move mountains. 

Sorry that this email is a little shorter than usual. I just want to say that I truly do love this gospel with every fiber of my being. It breaks my heart to see people walk away from the church and their Savior because I know how much they are walking away from. This gospel brings a joy and purpose to our lives that words can´t adequately describe. Nothing brings greater happiness to our lives than this gospel and more importantly, our Savior. Remember Helaman 5:12. When the Savior is the center of our lives we will never fall. He will always be there to catch us.

I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I live it and I love it.

The Lord Will Provide a Way
Con todo mi amor,
Hermana Israelsen

No comments:

Post a Comment