Monday, August 5, 2013

"LOOK FOR THE MIRACLES" - August 5, 2013


LOOK FOR THE MIRACLES

Wow. First of all, I am so sorry that my email last week was so lame! I´ll try to make up for it today!
There is a man that I met my very first week in Elche. He didn´t want anything to do with the missionaries or the church.  Little by little we got him to get to know us and listen to parts of our message and eventually he became an investigator. I have had the incredible opportunity of watching this man change every aspect of his life to come to Christ. I have truly witnessed with my own eyes the change that the atonement can make in our lives and the light and happiness that it can bring.
 
The work is really progressing! We´ve picked up quite a few new investigators in the past few weeks and one of them, wants to get baptized so we invited her to a fecha in September because she still has a few things to sort out before her baptism. She´s praying about it right now.  MIRACLES!!!
I can truly say that the Lord is preparing people for the gospel. Every day of the past 2 weeks we have had experiences where the Lord has placed someone who is ready for the gospel into our path.  It has been amazing to see.  As a result we´ve had a lot of work to do and a lot of people to visit. This last week we were literally running from appointment to appointment. Haha. I loved it!
I absolutely LOVE this work. I LOVE being a missionary! I completely LOVE what i do every day and I wouldn´t trade it for anything in the world. It´s so hard but I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I love it because I have the opportunity to watch the atonement of Christ in action. I get to be a mere instrument in the hands of the Lord as he works wonders. I honestly cannot take any credit for the success that we have had in the last two weeks because it has all been from the Lord. There is no doubt about that. Everything that we have seen lately has been a miracle. I am incredibly happy despite the refiner´s fire that burns in my life right now. The struggles haven´t left but neither has my joy. I wake up smiling knowing that I´m going to be able to bear witness of the Savior that day. The work of the Lord is incredible and he truly works in mysterious ways. He has worked with me in very mysterious ways but I have truly seen a change in myself since coming out here on the mission. That has been the most surprising change that I have seen out here: the change that this work has made in me. Keep working each day to be a little more like Christ. Try a little harder to be a little better. I love this gospel and the purpose and joy that it brings into my life! Thank you all for the prayers, the love, and the support. I can definitely see it out here. Thank you!
“It’s better to look up!”  Look for the miracles!
Love,
Hermana Israelsen

No comments:

Post a Comment