Monday, September 16, 2013

COME UNTO ME - September 16, 2013



Something cool that I found out this week is that my companion and I are the first hermanas that have been in this area in over 20 years. Right Now we are the only hermanas in this entire zone of the country. The zone or area of La Mancha has been hermanaless for years and years until now. Who knows why now is the time that hermanas have been sent back to this part of the country but I guess we´re just going to find out what the Lord has planned for us.

 Well, this week was a little slower than most.Well, we just spent the majority of our week trying to talk to people in the street but no one wants anything to do with us. We mostly just get yelled at by people all day but that´s ok because I’m not ashamed of the gospel of Christ. We still haven´t found anyone who wants to listen to a message about Jesus Christ but we´re not giving up. I know that there is someone here who is looking for happiness, peace, answers, and truth in their life right now but they just don´t know where to look. The Lord will guide them to us and us to them. I know it. We´ll find them eventually and I cannot wait for that day. Right now we´re just putting on smiles and going out every day to try to find someone who´s ready to come to Christ.

 One thing I’m learning right now is patience in the Lord´s timing. Yes, I’m being obedient and trying my very best but sometimes the Lord has to hold off on giving us immediate success because His timing is so much better than ours. I know that I need to show the Lord that I will continue to open my mouth and work even though we´re not seeing any success at all right now. It´s a trial of my faith to see if I will continue to have faith in the Lord and give him my all. I know that in time the lord will reward me for my labors. He will reward me in the timing that is best for me though. I won´t ever give up looking for people who need the gospel though because I know just how much it has blessed my life and I can´t bear knowing that someone doesn´t have that as well. I know without a doubt that the Lord will provide miracles as long as we remain faithful and continue moving forward in faith. We walk by faith, not by sight. That´s what I’m doing right now.

Sometimes I wonder if I’m even making a difference out here and then I look at the change that has occurred in me. My mission has made a change in me. Like it talks about in Alma 5 I have had a mighty change of heart. I will never ever regret the decision I made to go on a mission because it has brought me to Christ and has solidified my testimony in such a way that I will never ever deny that this is the true church of god upon the earth. There are so many people out here who are struggling and who need happiness and I just want to fix all of their problems for them but I can´t. One thing I have learned is that sometimes the only thing we can do to help others is bring them unto Christ and let him do the rest. It is only Christ who can heal all wounds. It´s only Him who can heal every broken heart, console every heart ache, and carry us in our times of need.

The invitation of our Savior is: Come unto me all ye heaven laden and I will give ye rest.
Well, I’m off to face another week and to bring God´s children to Christ. Wish me luck! Love you all! Thanks for all of the love and support!

Have a great week and remember to “Come What May and Love It.
Hermana Israelsen




No comments:

Post a Comment