Monday, September 23, 2013

I'll Go Where You Want Me To Go - September 23, 2013




Wow! I hit my 6 month mark this last week! I can´t believe I’ve been in Spain for 6 months now! That´s crazy! I feel like I just got here last month! It´s true what they say on the mission: weeks feel like days and days feel like weeks. It´s crazy how time works here!

Well, this week was pretty tough but it didn´t get us down. Every appointment that we had cancelled on us so we just spent the entire week knocking on doors and talking to people in the street. No one wanted anything this week but we´re going to find someone this next week! I´m sure of it! This is just a trial of our faith. Satan knows that if he can discourage us in the first few weeks than we won´t be able to get the work going here. We recognize that and we´re not giving up. We´re going to keep looking until we find that special person who the lord has prepared for us. I know that there´s someone here waiting for us and we´re going to find them with the help of the Lord
.
This area has really helped me to grow. I´ve learned a lot over the past 3 weeks. One thing I´ve learned is how grateful I am for trials. I can´t imagine where I´d be or what I´d be doing right now if I hadn´t been challenged so much over these past 6 months. Every challenge I have had has helped me develop an important characteristic or attribute that has then helped me face the next challenge. I get a little stronger with each and every challenge and with that added strength comes more miracles. I can honestly say that I have been changed inside and out these past few months. I was torn down to nothing so that the Lord could begin to build me into something great: an instrument in his hands. Sometimes the lord has to bring us down so that he can lift us higher. I have come to be grateful for each and every challenge that I have faced, especially the ones I’m facing right now.

I´m learning how to not be ashamed of the gospel of Christ. I´m learning to be bold and reliant on god and his power. I´m learning to give the savior all of my negative feelings and leave them behind for good. I´m learning to have more patience with others and want what´s best for them. As difficult as each day here is, I wouldn´t trade it for anything. The Lord is still working on me. He´s still refining me because let me tell you, I still have QUITE a few rough edges. 

With everything I’ve experienced and learned over the past 6 months there is one thing that trumps everything else. I have come to find that the Savior truly does walk beside me every day. He has never left me for a single second. Not one second. In those moments when I thought I was alone and abandoned He was there. He has always been there and he will never fail me. So with that, I’ll keep going. I´ll keep opening my mouth and declaring his glorious gospel. One day I’ll see the fruits of my labors. It may not be today, tomorrow, or even next month but I know that one day I’ll be able to look back and see how much I grew. 

The Lord lives, He loves us, and he will never leave us. In the strength of the Lord I can do all things. I know that now.

Love you all!  
Come what may and love it!  
 Hermana Israelsen

No comments:

Post a Comment