Tuesday, October 1, 2013

SMILE and Trust the Lord - September 30, 2013




This week was awesome! No, we didn´t find anyone that was interested in the gospel but that doesn´t mean that we didn´t have fun and see miracles. One awesome thing about this week is that we had a conference in Malaga and I finally got to see some of my MTC hermanas! I never realized what incredible relationships I would develop with the other missionaries out here.  These hermanas have become some of my very best friends in the entire world. I really am so grateful to all of them!

As for the work here. Well, we´re trying. We´ve been fasting and praying so I know that we´ll see a change soon. We´ve got some big plans that we´re going to try out this week so we hope that the Lord will make up for what we lack. I´m sure we´ll have great news to tell you all next week! I’m sure of it!

The weather here is always a surprise. At the beginning of the week it was blazing hot and then overnight it turned bitter cold, started raining, and hasn´t stopped raining since. Today it was raining again but it was also incredibly windy. We were walking down the street and I almost had to decide between keeping my umbrella from being ripped out of my hands or keeping my skirt down... #sister missionary problems.

Some great news for the week is that I just found out that some of my investigators that my companion and I found Elche are getting baptized! That made me so incredibly happy! Yeah, I’m not there for the actual baptism but they´re getting baptized! Best news ever!

Other good news. Some people finally showed up to our free English classes! Almost every area in the mission gives free English classes, including ours, but no one was coming. Not a single person, so we have been handing out flyers like it´s nobody´s business. We finally had a few students come! That was really fun to teach an English class again!

I literally cannot wait for conference this weekend! I´ve been counting down the days since July. I have a lot of questions that I´ve been praying and fasting about and I have no doubt that the Lord will answer them this weekend. He´s done it many times before for me and I know that he´ll do it again.



My comp and I have had a lot of fun together this week. We weren´t able to find anyone interested in the gospel this week so we had to do something to keep from getting discouraged. So what did we do? We made up a lot of games. We  actually made up a game last night that we had so much fun with. We stayed up way too late laughing! We made up this game where you turn off the lights and one of you makes some kind of pose. The other person then has 20 questions that they can ask to try to figure out what position they are in. After 20 questions they have to try to do the same pose and then the lights go on. Haha. It´s absolutely hysterical cause you´re usually super wrong! I think it might have just been all of the stress leaving but we laughed way too hard about it! hahaha I literally think it´s one of my favorite games out in the field.  My comp and I are super stoked to play it again tonight before we go to bed.

So as you can see, the work is still hard but we are finding the joy in the journey. Each day has its own challenges but when we have the gospel in our lives and the Savior at our side we don´t have need to fear. With God nothing is impossible. Challenges will come, that´s life, but it´s how we react to them that determines who we can become. Challenges can either make us bitter or better. We get to choose. It´s so important that we ¨endure to the end¨ but I think more importantly our Father in Heaven wants us not only to endure but to ¨enjoy to the end¨. Don´t forget to find the joy in the journey. No matter what comes your way remember to smile and trust in the lord. It´ll all be ok.

Love you all!  Come what may and love it!

Hermana Israelsen

No comments:

Post a Comment