Monday, October 28, 2013

All Good Things Come With Time and Effort – October 28, 2013




This last week was phenomenal!! We found more people who have been carefully prepared to receive the gospel and we´re so happy!

In the last 2 and a half weeks we have found 19 people to teach! I can´t begin to explain how much of a heaven sent miracle that is. The Lord needed to try our faith to see if we would indeed be faithful in all things before he could trust us with some of these elect children. After 6 weeks of finding absolutely no one and coming home absolutely exhausted every single day the Lord has finally decided that we can be trusted and is leading us to people who are ready for the gospel!

We have found someone new to teach almost every single day for the past week or two! It´s incredible! I can´t begin to describe what joy it brings me! It´s still hard out here. People still yell at us every day and tell us what a waste of space we are but I could care less because we´re bringing people to Christ! Things are finally coming together here. I know it has to do a lot with all of the prayers from home. Thank you to each and every one of you who has kept my companion and I in your prayers. You are playing a huge part in the work of the Lord over here in Spain. Without your prayers I don´t know if we would be finding as many people to teach. Thank you! 

So earlier my companion and I were planning a Halloween party for our branch. After talking about Halloween for so long it´s only natural that you have the urge to scare someone. So that´s what we spent the night doing - scaring each other. My Companion hid in our shower that night and just about gave me a heart attack. I vowed to get revenge on her and she just laughed thinking nothing of it.

The next night, night while she was brushing her teeth I set up my bed so it looked like I was already asleep in it. I put pillows and towels under the sheets to make it look like I was in it. So she finishes brushing her teeth, comes into our room, says her prayers, and turns out the light thinking that I’m already asleep. What she didn´t know is that I was in the closet. I waited for about 5 minutes in the closet and then began to tap on the door. I continued to scratch and tap the closet door until she sat up and said ¨what is going on?!?!¨ She flipped on the lights really quickly to see what was happening but found nothing wrong. Thinking I was still asleep she turned the lights back off and tried to go back to bed. Again, I began to scratch and tap the door until she tried to wake me up, or wake up what she thought was me. She screamed when she realized that I wasn´t under the covers and then screamed again when I threw open the closet and asked her why she was still up. We both fell to the floor laughing! We stayed up WAY too late that night laughing. Man, I love this companionship! 

My sweet companion sprained her ankle this morning so we´ve been working on getting that fixed. It´s just lucky that I’m going into physical therapy for my career. I´ve worked with quite a lot of sprained ankles so it´s not a problem at all. We´ve got her all bandaged up and good to go.

Over the past 7 months I’ve learned a LOT. One of the things that has been carved into my heart is that all good things come with time and effort. I truly know that now.  Things are going great! I love this work with all of my heart, mind, and soul!

Come what may and love it!!!! 
Hermana Israelsen

No comments:

Post a Comment