Tuesday, October 22, 2013

A GREAT AND A MARVELOUS WORK – October 21, 2013


Random little notes. I just realized this last week that somehow my residency got messed up here and instead of only being a resident until next year I will be a resident of Spain until 2018! SWEET! Looks like I’ll be staying here a little longer than I thought. Just kidding.
 
Another side note. The only thing about being in a branch rather than a ward is that there aren´t as many people to help out with stuff.  It gives me more opportunities to serve and get to know the members. I love my branch!
Well, now to the bulk of the email. This week was full of miracles and learning. Last Monday I hit rock bottom. I was so discouraged and frustrated with myself. I was frustrated that the area wasn´t progressing, that the language wasn´t as good as I want it to be, and that I just wasn´t as good as I thought the lord wanted me to be. All of my weaknesses seemed to be amplified and I couldn´t help but feel like a huge failure. I fell to my knees in prayer and pleaded to my Father in Heaven to help me know that he still loved me. I talked to him for almost an hour in prayer and did not stop praying until my sorrows and frustrations were replaced with peace and understanding. As I was praying to my Father in Heaven, I began to recognize all of the things I had already overcome. I was filled with a peace and comfort that I can´t quite put into words. Somehow I knew, deep within my being, that the lord was proud of me. That he was happy with my desires to serve him and become better. I´m not perfect, nor will I ever be perfect in this life but the Lord is still pleased with my little efforts each day in which I try to become more like Him. In that moment when I thought that I had completely failed everyone and that I wasn´t a good missionary, the atonement stepped in. I had a very personal moment with my Heavenly Father in which I came to know that I’m not done learning. There´s still so much more that I have to learn and overcome here and I’m not leaving until I do so. The Lord has so much in store for each and every one of us. He loves us. Even when we don´t deserve it. 
The work is progressing here! Miracles are happening and the Lord is leading us to his elect! This last week we found 2 more families to teach and another woman who has been so carefully prepared by the Lord! Our efforts and prayers over the last 7 weeks are starting to be answered. We´re finding people who are ready for the fullness of the gospel of our Savior, Jesus Christ. This work is so much bigger than me. I am seeing the great and marvelous work of the Lord come forth. 
This week has been a big week of reflection for me. I´ve been thinking about my family a lot and how I’m so blessed to be able to be with them for eternity thanks to the covenants we have made in the temple. Not only do I get to be with my family for eternity but I’m here to help others do the same.
The definition of a missionary: someone who leaves their family for a short time so that others can be with their families for eternity. That´s why I’m here. I´m here to bring others to the knowledge of their Savior and help them live in the presence of their Heavenly Father with their families forever. I love this work and I love the Lord!
Try a little harder to be a little better and come what may and love it!

Love,
Hermana Israelsen

No comments:

Post a Comment