Monday, May 13, 2013

May 13, 2013 - I'm On the Lord's Errand

May 13, 2013

I don´t have too much to report on this week because I talked to my family last night for Mother's Day but just know that i´m hanging in here. haha. I've now been in the mission field for two weeks.
I´m going to be honest here. Missionary work is by far the hardest thing I´ve ever done. It´s hard. There´s no getting around that. It´ll push you to your limits but it´s also the greatest thing I´ve ever done. I told you how every morning this past week I get up and I think "can I honestly do this for 16 more months?¨ I´m just so grateful that I have such an incredible trainer to help me out and keep me going.  It´s been a really tough transition to the field, mainly because of the communication barrier. I think once I have a hold on the language things will get SOOO much better. This is the part of my mission where I just have to grin and bear it. Don´t get me wrong, I´m struggling but I still find joy in each and every day that passes. There are some days that I just love and there are some days that I would just love to be over. It´s hard but I still love it. It´s pushing me to my limits but I'm just keeping my eye on the future when this mission becomes my every waking thought and desire. I can´t wait until i can actually communicate with the people! That´ll make SUCH a big difference for me! Once I can do that I think I´ll be in fantastic shape! I still love the work now, I´m just having a rough patch. Thanks for all of your love and support. This has in no way reduced my testimony. If anything it has expanded my testimony in ways that i never thought posible. I will NEVER be angry with the Lord. I made that promise years ago. I love the Lord and his góspel with ALL of my heart, mind, and soul. This is the Lord´s work and if I´m going to do it I have to do it his way. Sometimes the Lord has to bring us down so he can lift us up. This is just the phase where the lord is molding me into what he really needs me to be. I love my Savior and will never lose faith in him. I will never be embarrassed to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. So basically, the language is my only enemy at the moment. haha. Other than that it´s just a matter of battling my exhaustion each day but that´s ok because it just makes me that much more dependant on the Lord.
I´m struggling like every other new missionary out here to learn this language but I´m still happy! Don´t you worry about that! I´m still doing great! 
When I recieved my calling I was called to surrender my time and concern to the service of others. That´s what I have to remember! Once the mission becomes about other people, that´s when you come to love the work.
I truly love this work and I love this góspel. Never lose hope. Never lose faith.
Love you!!!
Hermana Israelsen

No comments:

Post a Comment