Tuesday, May 28, 2013

May 27, 2013 "A Week of Miracles"


“A WEEK OF MIRACLES”  
Dear Friends and Family,

Wow wow wow!!!! The lord truly works in mysterious ways! We have seen miracles this week!
I’ll get to that later. First off, guess what? I’m sick.....again!!! That makes 3 times in 6 weeks. Hahahah it´s actually kind of funny. I mean I’ve never been sick more than once a year or once every year and a half and then the second I enter into the field my immune system decides to take some time off. Hahaha! It´s really not a big deal at all though. more just of an annoyance but it doesn´t interfere with the work in the slightest. We´re still doing exactly what we do every other day, I just keep my distance from everyone. I´m doing perfectly fine! Another thing, our last name is ridiculous! I love it but NO ONE can say it here! Most people just know me as ¨hermana¨. So there´s that.   

Now to the good stuff. Missionary work is incredible. MADRE MIA!!! I don´t know how, but we now have 6 progressing investigators which means that they are coming to church, reading, praying, and keeping all of their commitments. Wow.

We have another investigator who is SOOOOOO close to baptism! She knows the truth but says that she just wants to know ¨for sure¨ so we´re working on that.  Another investigator of ours is truly a miracle. At the beginning he was completely uninterested.  Little by little we were able to teach him and we have seen a MIRACLE with him. We have been able to watch him change his life right in front of our eyes. Wow!  He´s SOOO kind to us and gets soooo excited to see us. Wow wow wow!!! MI-LA-GROS (miracles)!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our investigator I met after first arriving here, is progressing SO incredibly fast! We asked her to start reading the book of Mormon last week and she´s already in second Nephi chapter 10! She has become one of my best friends out here even though she has 10 years on me. I´m POSITIVE that she was one of the people that the Lord has prepared specifically for me. I can´t describe the bond that I have with her. It´s all thanks to this wonderful message of the gospel. Tender mercies and miracles every day. 

This gospel changes lives, the book of Mormon changes lives! I´ve seen it! It has changed mine. I can´t begin to describe how much I love this work and how much more I love my Savior. Every day I grow closer to my Savior and every day I fall to my knees in awe of Him and his works. I love this gospel with all of my heart! Thank you for all of the love and support!!! 

Come what may and love it!

Con to do mi amour,
Hermana Israelsen


No comments:

Post a Comment