Tuesday, July 9, 2013

"Look Unto Me In Every Thought, Doubt Not, Fear Not" - July 1, 2013



"LOOK UNTO ME IN EVERY THOUGHT, DOUBT NOT, FEAR NOT"
Alright folks. More changes.  I’m now training and it is TERRIFYING! It all happened so fast that I feel like I just had the rug yanked out from under me. I´m going to be completely honest and say that this last week has been the hardest week of my entire life. I have had fear, anxiety, stress, and discouragement that I have never experienced before. BUT I´m hanging in here. I still have a smile on my face and a desire to do as the Lord has asked so I’m still here in Elche attempting to train this sweet sister who has to rely completely on me until she gets the hang of missionary life and the language.

I have come to learn what it means to rely fully and completely on the Lord. He is carrying me right now. You know that poem ¨footsteps in the sand¨? Ok dumb question cause about every Mormon in the world knows that poem. haha. Anyways, I´m definitely in a time of my life where there are only one set of footprints in the sand and they are His. I´m so gratefully for my Savior and his mercy towards me. He will not let me fall and more importantly He doesn´t want me to do this alone. Everything that I do now is a step of faith: knocking on a door, picking up the phone, going to a lesson, contacting someone in the street, leaving our apartment, and even just getting out of bed in the morning. I´m trying as hard as I possibly can to look to my Father in Heaven and understand that there is a purpose in this. There are things that I need to learn right now that will help me later in my mission and throughout the rest of my life. I´m putting into practice what I always say “Come what may and love it.” I’m trying to find the tender mercies in every day and every hour. 

I know that in a few weeks I’ll be able to look back at these moments and realize how well I learned to walk with my Savior. I´ll look back with a smile and know that I did all that I could to do what the lord had asked of me. I´m trying so hard to continue doing the best missionary work I can. We have 2 baptisms coming up so we´re going to see how to plan for those. Haha. I’m still not quite sure what I’m supposed to do so looks like my bishop is going to be receiving a lot of calls. Whoops!

Well, I´ll end this with my testimony. I know that God lives. The atonement is real. It greatly pains our Savior to see us go through difficult times. He does not take any joy in watching us suffer. It pains him greatly, much more than it pains us. He has experienced every heart ache, pain, fear, stress, anxiety, anger, frustration, joy, peace, and trial that we will ever have. He knows it all because he has felt it all. He knows every one of YOUR experiences. Turn to him and let HIM heal you. He is the way, the life, the light, and the Savior. I love you all and can´t wait to see you again! Spain says hello. Also, THE 4TH OF JULY!!! AMERICA!!! Celebrate it well for me. 

I never said that it would be easy. I only said that it would be worth it. 

Love,
Hermana Israelsen

No comments:

Post a Comment