Monday, July 15, 2013

"Not My Will But Thine Be Done" -July 15, 2013


"NOT MY WILL BUT THINE BE DONE" 

Well, this week was interesting to say the least. Some complete miracles and some huge obstacles.

We miraculously found some old investigators that had disappeared off of the face of the earth and began teaching them again. The Lord truly placed them in our path. So cool! Sad news. Our two sweet investigators both had to have their baptismal dates pushed back a few weeks because of some trials.

It has taken me a little while but after hours of prayer, study, pondering, and a few cool experiences I can honestly kneel down in prayer and say ¨Not my will but thine be done.¨ It took me quite a while to get to this point though. When I first heard I was training I tried to put on the brakes. I begged my heavenly father for any possible way to get out of this situation. I was really putting on the brakes and having a hard time moving forward. It has taken a lot of prayer and dozens of humbling moments to get me to the point where I have finally accepted my situation and the will of the lord for me. The Lord has called me to go through this trial and if he were to give me a way out of it I would never learn the things he needs me to learn.

I have been thinking a lot about the story that Elder Christofferson gave in a general conference talk about the current bush. There was a farmer who found this current bush which had been growing for a few years but it wasn´t growing in a way that a current bush was supposed to grow. For that the farmer pruned the current bush down to a stump so that it could start again and he could help it grow into what he needed it to be. The current bush began to cry and ask why the farmer cut him down but then the farmer explained why. at the end the current bush said, ¨thank you for loving me enough to cut me down.¨ I don´t have enough time to tell the rest of the story but I encourage you to go read it for yourself on lds.org,
Go to link: www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDrhvm9EnJ4 and www.lds.org/general-conference/2011/04/​as-many-as-i-love-i-rebuke
because it´s awesome! Anyways, I´ve been thinking about that story again and again this week.

As I kneeled in prayer last night I poured my soul out to the Lord. At the end of my prayer I had this incredible feeling of gratitude and a greater perspective on the trials I am facing at the moment. I sincerely said,  “Father, thank you for loving me enough to cut me down.¨  The Lord doesn´t enjoy watching us suffer and he doesn´t just say, I know it hurts right now but I promise you that it will get better." He hurts when we suffer. He takes no joy in seeing us in pain but he understands how necessary it is. That´s why we have the atonement. The atonement makes it so that Christ can know exactly what to do to succor or help us in our trials. Prayer has been my saving grace this week. I have truly come to understand prayer a lot more. Prayer is the action by which the will of the father and the child are brought into correspondence. As we come to change our prayers from asking for things that we think that we need to ask for things that the Lord wants then we will find greater power. Prayer is truly a supernal gift from our heavenly father. I love this gospel and I will never be the same again.

Thank you all for the love and support! You´re all keeping me going! I love this work, no matter how difficult it may be. Not my will but the Lord´s will be done.

Love,

Hermana Israelsen

No comments:

Post a Comment