Monday, April 7, 2014

Change Just Might Be the Best Thing For You – April 7, 2014





This last week was crazy, wonderful and heartbreaking at the same time. My new companion was working on some residency stuff for Spain during the week so I had to stick around Malaga until Friday but I’m not complaining because it gave me a little more time to spend with my sweet companion. Saying goodbye to her was incredibly painful. It was heart wrenching to say goodbye because these last 2 transfers with her have been heaven.

I know that that Lord has other challenges and people prepared for us though so that´s the only way I could say goodbye to her and to Malaga. My companion has truly blessed my life so much. She taught me to lose myself in caring for others. She is so full of charity that it just spills over to all those around her. She taught me how to listen to others and care about them the way the Savior would. She Works hard, is incredibly humble, and loves the work so much. I couldn´t ask for a better example of love and pureness. She´s one of the best missionaries I know! I couldn´t be more blessed to have been her companion for 3 months. After 3 months of pure joy though I guess it´s time for another challenge.

 Conference was absolutely incredible this weekend. I think that was the best conference I’ve been too, mainly because I think I was the most prepared I’ve ever been. I had a list of questions that I wrote down before the conference and every single one of them was answered. Every single one. The Lord is so aware of us! I really asked for the Lord to let me know that he was aware of me during the conference and he definitely answered that prayer loud and clear. This last week I have been sharing my favorite scripture, Helaman 5:12, with everyone to say goodbye and have been thinking about that scripture a lot.  This scripture was quoted in MULTIPLE talks during the conference and I know that the lord inspired his servants to say it. I know it was meant for so many purposes but one of the purposes was to let me know that he knows my situation and loves me.

This weekend has been rough because of the change I went through this last week. Changing areas and companions is never easy and never will be easy but it´s necessary. Change.  I have a love/hate relationship with that word. Change can hurt and continue hurting for a little bit but change can also be the best thing for us. When we get comfortable we are no longer progressing so sometimes change has to come into our lives to ¨stir us up unto a rememberance of the Lord¨. As much as change can hurt it is so incredibly helpful and brings so many blessings. The scriptures even talk about change like having a change of heart, repentance, a change of belief, a change of attitude...etc.  Like my trainer taught me, change is the Lord´s opportunity to mold, prepare, strengthen, and bless us. It´s so important and necessary to our progression and ultimate happiness. To those of you still trying to adjust to a recent change and feel like you have a heavy heart, don´t feel like you´re alone. You´re far from alone. Just remember that it always gets better and that change makes us better and helps bring us to the Savior. Things will get better I promise! I know it because I’ve gone through it a million times on my mission. I am going through it right now with the change of being in a new area.  I just miss my last area so much but I know that the Lord needs me here. It´s not that I don´t like my new area, it´s actually quite the opposite, I love it here, it still doesn´t mean that I don´t miss my comfortable little bubble I formed in Malaga. My heart has been broken since leaving Malaga but the Lord is healing it. I KNOW that things will get so much better and that I will absolutely love it here. I´m here to sacrifice my time and concern into the service of others so that´s exactly what I’m going to do. I’m going to do just as president Uchtdorf said and be grateful for all of this change and for the challenges that lay ahead. They´re making me better. I love this work and I love the Lord!

So just a quick little shout out to my trainer. This girl is amazing! She taught me to lose myself in the work and give it everything you have. Her´s has always been the little voice in the back of my head pushing me to work a little harder and become better. 

Come what may and love it!
Hermana Israelsen

No comments:

Post a Comment