Monday, March 31, 2014

Feeling Hot Hot Hot – March 31, 2014


 
These last 3 months have been the greatest 3 months of my mission. I have been in a great area with my best friend, I finally can speak and understand the language without problem, I finally know how to do missionary work even though I’m still learning every day, and I finally learned how to fully depend on the Lord. I have learned and grown SO much in the past 3 months. I feel like I did everything that the Lord asked me to do here and that it´s time to move on. The hardest part about moving on will be saying goodbye to my companion.
 
I was feeling really nervous and anxious this morning for this week and couldn´t seem to find any peace. I prayed to find peace and continued getting ready to leave our piso. About 2 weeks ago I lost some of my memory cards and I had been looking everywhere for them but couldn´t seem to find them. I prayed to find them but they still didn´t show up. This morning as I prayed for peace I also prayed to know that the Lord was aware of me and my situation and that he loved me. About 5 minutes after I prayed I was grabbing a jacket from my closet when the memory cards fell to the floor. I immediately fell to my knees and cried. That may seem like a really small and insignificant thing to you but to me it was everything. It was a CLEAR and DIRECT answer to my prayer to know that the Lord was indeed aware of me and that he loves me. He waited to answer my prayer about finding my memory cards until a moment when it would have more meaning and power to me. He waited to answer my prayer until the moment that I needed it most. He knows! After finding the cards I fell to my knees to pray as tears of gratitude and joy fell into my lap. An incredibly peace swept over me and I knew that everything would be ok. I testify that the Lord is aware of you and that he loves you dearly. He´ll show you too if you just ask. 
 
Looking back over the past year I realize that I am not the same person. I have grown so much. The Lord has been sculpting me and will continue to do so. As hard as the mission has been, I wouldn´t trade it for anything in the whole world because it opened my eyes to the magnitude of the atonement and how much I truly love my Savior and this gospel. 
 
Yes, change isn´t fun but it´s necessary. I´m ready to step into another challenge and let the Lord mold me some more. I know it´s going to be hard but I also know that the Lord will be with me every step of the way! Love you all! 
 
Come what may and love it!
Hermana Israelsen

 

No comments:

Post a Comment