Monday, March 10, 2014

Blessings In Disguise – February 24, 2014


 
This week I was studying the atonement and found all of the comfort that I needed. Like Elder Holland has said, when you have terrible days and when the world seems to conspire against you, you have every reason to hold your head up. You have every reason to stand tall because when you experience heartbreak and hardship you are coming to know a tiny tiny portion of the pain that the Savior went through when he paid the price for each of us. 
 
When we go through tough and trying moments we are standing shoulder to shoulder with the best life who has ever lived. We are standing side by side with the Savior of the world. So was I heartbroken? Yes, completely but this week I came to feel the atonement in a deeper way than ever before. I came to understand just a little bit more about the magnitude of the sacrifice that he made for me and for that I am so deeply grateful. My relationship with the Savior has deepened and increased so much this week. I feel so much more happy, positive, and peaceful now. I know everything is in His hands and that he knows how difficult this has been for me. He has once again literally made my burden light. Although it was the hardest day of the mission, I am so incredibly grateful for it because it humbled me and brought me back to my knees at the feet of my Savior. It was just what I needed. 
 
I testify of the overarching power of the atonement. There isn´t a single thing in the entire world that the atonement doesn´t cover. You are never too far gone or too unimportant for the power of the atonement to help, heal, and change you. The atonement has carried me again and again, day after day. It is the reason I keep moving forward and the reason that I can say “Come what may and love it”. I promise that the atonement will carry you as well if you will just come to Christ and let Him help. I really am so happy out here because Christ is my joy. I can´t wait for this next week because I’m positive that we´re going to see some awesome miracles. 
 
Love you all! 
Hermana Israelsen


No comments:

Post a Comment