Monday, March 10, 2014

The Infinite Atonement – March 3, 2014

Overall this was a great week. I went through a little pride cycle and in the end once again found the joy that comes from changing our hearts from repentance. I got a little prideful and began to take credit for the things that the Lord had done for us and then began to trust in my own knowledge and talents rather than relying on the Lord. The Lord straightened that out with me quickly haha. He helped me remember that in Him I can do all things but only through him. Man alive, I love this work. 
 
I´ve been stressing out about the littlest things lately and have been a little frantic about the work here. I´ve been learning about a really great lesson these past two weeks. I need to be less worried and more faithful. This isn´t my work but the work of the Lord and He will do it in his own way and in his own timing. I need to just do my very best and trust that the Lord will do the rest. I think that´s one of the biggest lessons I’m learning here on the mission that will bless the rest of my life - learning to faithfully and happily put it all in the Lord´s hands and let him do the rest. 
 
As I’ve begun to do that we´ve started seeing miracles. Did I tell you that two weeks ago we were fasting and praying to find someone who would be willing to change everything to come to Christ and feel of the happiness that comes from the gospel. The Lord always hears and answers our prayers and fasts but does it in his correct timing. The Lord placed someone into our lives. This person is the answer to those fasts and prayers. They are willing to give everything he has to the Savior to come to him. They are finding the joy in repentance as he learns about and keeps the commandments God has given us to bless us.
 
I am amazed at how the atonement continues to carry me. Come what may and love it. That has been my motto and my goal of the mission and the atonement has made it possible. It´s because of the infinite, kind and healing power of the atonement that my burden seems to be made light. It never ceases to amaze me how the lord can carry us all if we´ll merely humble ourselves, repent, and come to him in faith. It truly is the infinite atonement. 
 
I´m so grateful to have such amazing friends and family that keep me moving forward and are there to help me bear my burdens. I feel so blessed to know all of you! Thank you for everything! You have no idea how much each and every letter and email I have received has blessed my life. Love you all! 
 
Come what may and love it because thanks to Christ and his atonement, it´s possible
Hermana Israelsen
 


No comments:

Post a Comment