Monday, March 10, 2014

HE CHANGES MY ANGUISH TO SWEETNESS – February 3, 2014






I’m ridiculously happy. I love this work, I love my companion, I love my mission and I love the Lord!!!! 

The work has slowed down for a minute here. The Lord is once again trying my faith. I know that there are some things that I need to change so that I can be more effective in the hands of the Lord. I truly need repentance each and every day. The atonement is amazing. I still marvel at the fact that the Lord continues to give me the chance to start over each day even when I make the same mistake day after day after day. I´m trying my best and still fall short but the Lord makes my efforts sufficient. I´ve been thinking back over some of the trials that I’ve had in my life and how they´ve gotten me to where I am now. It also brought me to think about how the Savior is the only one who can change some of the most difficult and bitter moments of our lives into something sweet. He changes our anguish to sweetness. I can honestly look back at some of the most painful and difficult trials that I’ve had in my life with gratitude because all of the difficult moments in my life are made sweet in Christ. He is the reason I wake up each day at the crack of dawn (more tired than the day before), put on a nametag, and go talk in another language to random people in a foreign country all day, every day. He is the reason I get out of bed and keep pushing myself forward. He´s the reason I can do it all with a smile on my face.  
Love you all!
Hermana Israelsen
“Oh it is wonderful to know that our Heavenly Father loves us, even with all of our flaws. His love is such that even should we give up on ourselves, He never will. We see ourselves in terms of yesterday and today. He sees us in terms of forever. He sees us as the glorious beings that we are capable of becoming.¨

No comments:

Post a Comment