Monday, March 10, 2014

Truly Converted…..January 20, 2014

Truly Converted…..January 20, 2014
Where to start. 
I can´t remember a time in my mission where I’ve been this happy! It has a lot to do with my companion. She is the greatest and every aspect of the work is fun together. It also helps that the language isn´t as big as an issue now,  and that I have more experience now. Things are great but that doesn´t mean that we still don´t have hard days. We face those hard days together though! I feel so incredibly lucky to have her as my companion!
 
My comp and I had an experience that I’ll never forget. This woman was waiting for the two of us. She was waiting for our companionship. At the end of the lesson her whole attitude changed. The next time we came back she had read Alma chapter 36 in the Book of Mormon that talks about an experience of repentance and she told us that it entered into her heart with such force that she couldn´t deny that it was true. Ever since then she has been soaking up the gospel like a sponge! She was so happy, energetic, funny, faithful, and positive. She has come to the Lord with all of her heart, mind, and strength. She has truly applied the atonement to her life as she has made changes to bring her life more in harmony with the teachings of Jesus Christ.
 
Watching her change has made me reflect on my own life a lot. Repentance has taken on a whole new meaning to me after watching her. Repentance is truly my favorite word. It´s true what it says in Doctrine and Covenants 18 when it talks about the joy that you will have if you bring a soul to Christ. It´s something that just can´t be put into words. The atonement works. It changes us - inside and out. 
 
Daily repentance is something that has brought me so much joy. Yes, I’m not perfect and yes, I make mistakes everyday but how wonderful is it that I can start over every single day because of the Savior. I can try a little harder each day to be a little better thanks to Him. I love the work and I love the Savior and His gift to me. 
Try a little harder to be a little better
Love you all!!!
Hermana Israelsen
 


No comments:

Post a Comment