Monday, March 31, 2014

Stand As Witness of God – March 24, 2014


This week we were talking to some people who have lost their faith in God because of all of the trials they have had. They asked why God wouldn´t just take away all of their struggles right when they prayed because they were doing everything that he asked of them. We used the example of Mosiah 24:14-16 to answer their question. In that scripture the Lord says that he doesn´t always take away our trial so that we can show forth our faith in him and later be able to be witnesses of God and say that we know that it was God that helped us through our trial. It allows us to see the hand of God in our lives.
 
God does promise us that during our trials, if we will just turn to him, pray, read the scriptures, worthily take the sacrament each week and keep the commandments that he will help us carry our load. That He will strengthen us and lift the burden with us so that we can´t feel of the stress and sorrow it brings into our lives. He can literally bring us peace, happiness, comfort, joy, and hope in moments of absolute darkness. I have felt that. I know that it´s true. I, personally, have felt of that relieving power that comes through Christ and his atonement. He has helped me get through every challenge that has come my way and has actually helped me have peace and joy through them even though some of them nearly pushed me over the edge. He has NEVER ever left me alone, not even for a second. He has always been there for me and I can stand as a personal witness that I know that his power is real. It works for us today. It works for everyone and I know that it can work for you. Have faith and keep moving forward. Don´t try to do it alone. Why would you try to do it alone when you don´t have to. The Savior walked alone so that we would never have to. I promise you that it is SO much easier and SO much more enjoyable to go through hard times with the savior at our side. Mosiah 24:14-16 aren´t just words on a page but are promises from a loving heavenly father to us. They work and they´re true. I have felt it. I love you all and I want you all to feel of it too! 
 
Have such an amazing week and do something nice for someone today! 
Come what may and love it
Hermana Israelsen

No comments:

Post a Comment