Monday, March 10, 2014

BE STILL AND KNOW THAT I AM GOD…..March 10, 2014


I can´t believe that it was a year ago today that I gave my farewell. That seems like a lifetime ago and yet at the same time it feels like it was just last month. Time is a crazy thing out here.
 
Something cool happened this week. There is a place in our area that we always walk in that has always just seemed so familiar to me but is could never figure out why. This week I remembered that when I got my call to Spain I was so excited that I randomly picked a picture of Spain to put on the background desktop of my laptop. It was just a random area of Spain, not anything famous or anything, and now....that little picture is where I work.  That was a tender mercy for me. The Lord knows folks. He definitely knows. 

This week my companion and I had to give a lesson about hope to the other missionaries in a conference. After studying so much about hope I realize how it truly is the anchor of our souls. When we lose hope, we lose everything. Hope is trusting that the Lord will fulfill his promises with us. It´s trusting that as we do our part, He´ll do his. It´s having that belief that all trials will be for our good and that if we´re being obedient He will bless us greatly.
 
My mom sent me an awesome quote by Richard G. Scott that I absolutely love. I don´t have the quote with me but it goes something like ¨Sometimes just when everything seems to be going right, the challenges come. Sometimes they come in doses but when those challenges come and they are not consequences of disobedience they are evidence that the Lord believes that you are ready to grow.¨ I´ve lived that quote a million times over on the mission. There are moments when everything seems to be going perfectly and then in an instant everything falls apart but I will never lose the trust I have in the Lord that everything is in his hands and that it is all for my good. The Lord will never give us things that we can´t handle. So be grateful when trials come because it just shows how much the Lord loves you and how much trust he has in you because he feels like you are ready to grow and come closer to him. That´s something that has been engraved into my heart. When challenges come, be grateful. When we are comfortable in our lives that´s when we stop growing and sometimes begin to decline. We have to keep moving forward with a firm conviction that the Lord will richly bless us for our faith during our trials. Every unjust and unfair thing will be made right in him. We just have to be patient.
 
I testify from experience that as we have trust in the Lord and a firm hope that everything will be ok in the end that the Lord will make our burdens light. Mosiah 24:14-15 has become a firm part of my testimony. I have felt of the relieving power of the atonement. There have been times in my mission where a mountain of challenges have seem to come all at once and that there would be no way to deal with everything. I can´t count how many times that has happened but every time I have tried to put all of my faith in trust in the Lord and do the best I can and he has carried me. At times when I should have been curled up in a ball in my bed sobbing my eyes out, I was out looking for people to teach with a smile on my face because the Lord truly lifted the burden so much that I didn´t notice I had it. It´s something that I will never be able to explain but I testify that the Lord can literally carry our burdens so that they don´t weigh us down. That doesn´t always mean that he´ll take them away but it rather means that he´ll carry us through and teach to do it with a grateful heart. It´s amazing!
 
The atonement has carried me every single day of my mission. Every single day. There has never been a single day of my mission where I haven´t desperately needed the atonement in my life. It has carried me until now and it will continue to carry me until the day that I kneel at the Savior´s feet. So when everything seems dark, and you find yourself losing hope, just remember that the Lord will never let you down and that through him you can find the greatest joy that you´ve every experienced. I love you all and I’m so grateful for all of your love and support to my family during these last few weeks. Miracles happen and the Lord is in control. ¨Be still and know that I am God.¨
 
In the end everything will be ok and if it´s not ok, it´s not the end yet.  
Hermana Israelsen
 

No comments:

Post a Comment