Monday, March 10, 2014

The Gospel of Change – February 10, 2014


 
Overall things are going great. I´ve been reflecting a lot on how much the mission has changed me lately. There is nothing in the world that I would rather be doing right now than serving a mission. It has been the best thing I have done in my life FOR my life. The Lord has helped me to change more than I ever thought possible and the things I have learned will bless me for the rest of my life. 
 
Change - that´s what the gospel is about right? Change. Changing our hearts and views. Changing our view of ourself, the Lord, and the world. The gospel is really all about change and becoming better. The Lord doesn´t expect us to make this change in one night though. It´s by the little things we do that we change most often. It´s when we stop doing the little, basic things that we start changing. As we stop reading the scriptures daily, praying, and going to church every Sunday that we start taking little steps away from the Lord and before we know it we´ve changed into someone that we don´t want to be. The opposite, however, is also true. As we BEGIN to read the scriptures every day, pray, and go to church to take the sacrament each Sunday that we see big changes in our lives. By small and simple things, the Lord will bring about great things. I love you all and I most definitely love this gospel and my Savior. Keep doing those little things each day and I promise you that they will one day qualify you for great things. 
Try a little harder to be a little better

LOVE YOU!!!
Hermana Israelsen
 

No comments:

Post a Comment