Saturday, August 23, 2014

Tired but Happy - June 30

The weeks are starting to just blur together and I honestly don't know what to say anymore. I´m tired but happy.  There -- that about sums it up. I'm extremely tired but very happy.
 
Not really anything monumental happened this week. Just a normal week of trying my best to do the work of the Lord. I really do feel so grateful for everything. My prayers this week were just of gratitude. Everyone has started with, I love thee, and I love thy son. I just feel so grateful to be where I am, to be doing what I’m doing, and to know what I know. I just feel nothing but gratitude right now. I love these people with a love greater than my own. This love isn't from me but from the Savior. I love my mission.

I have no reason to complain.
 
So anyways, I started re-reading the Book of Mormon from the beginning to see if I can read it one more time before I come home. Over the duration of my mission I have come to develop a very deep and sincere love for the Book of Mormon. It truly is the evidence of God´s love for us. This week was a good week and I think that was partly because I was spending every spare moment I could reading and pondering the Book of Mormon. It amazes me how I still continue to receive answers to my prayers and questions from verses that I've read a thousand times. Oh how wonderful the gift of the Holy Ghost.  I just really like the Book of Mormon.
 
Overall things are good. I´m happy and really trying my best to lose myself in the work. That's what has made me the happiest: losing myself in the service of others.  Better yet: losing myself in the service of the Savior. All I want is to please Him, to bring Him joy, and to make Him proud. I know that there is nothing that brings Him more joy than when we chose to come to Him and what brings Him even more joy is when we decide to bring others with us.
 
I love my Savior with all of my heart. This isn't my mission but it is His. There truly is no other way to live than through Him. He is the source of everlasting peace and happiness and I'll never get tired of letting others know that.
 
Have an awesome week and enjoy the 4th of July!!! HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!!!!!! GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!  It´s a good place.
 
Come what may and love it!
 
Hermana Israelsen
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment