Monday, January 6, 2014

Every Miracle Starts With a Prayer… December 23, 2013


Every Miracle Starts With a Prayer… December 23, 2013

This week was full of miracles like I know it was for every missionary in the mission. Truly an incredible week.
 
Well, I´ve officially hit my half-way mark in my mission. AH! I don´t like that! It´s all going by way to fast! I want to be a missionary for the rest of my life but I also want to see friends and family so I´ve decided on a compromise. Everyone I know can just move out here to Spain. Sound good? Ok it´s a deal. See ya all real soon! Ok, not really but I wish that was possible. I love talking about the Savior every single day and bearing witness of him. There´s nothing that brings me greater joy than focusing on Him.
 
We had a baptism this week! It was awesome! He´s from Nigeria and he´s the coolest guy ever! He was SO happy and SO excited to be baptized! He´s solid and is going to change the world. We´ve started to find a lot of people from Nigeria to teach. My new goal here in Malaga is to find, teach and see baptized enough Nigerians to start a Nigerian branch here. How tight would that be?! We´re well on our way because a few more awesome individuals from Nigeria will be baptized in two weeks. The Lord is truly leading us to his elect children who are willing and ready to follow Him.
 
Other great news......I GET TO SKYPE! Yeah! Just thought I’d let yam know that I’m pretty stoked to talk to my family! Love you guys! Talk to you in 2 days.
 
A lesson I’ve learned here is that every miracle starts with a prayer. 
 
MERRY CHRISTMAS! FELIZ NAVIDAD! I just want you all to know that there´s nothing that brings me greater joy than losing myself in the work of the Lord. I´ve found greater joy than I’ve ever experienced before when I forget myself and focus on others.
 
I can´t remember where I got this from but I’m going to share it anyways.
When we have our priorities straight we feel J.O.Y!
J- Jesus Christ
O- Others
Y- Yourself
 
If you´re having a really difficult time this Christmas season I want you to try something. Remember that There´s someone down the street from you right now that is having just as hard of a time or an even more difficult time than you right now. See what you can do to forget yourself and serve them tonight and see what happens. I promise that the Lord will help fill you with joy.
 
Love you all! The Lord lives and He´s very aware of us. MERRY CHRISTMAS and remember to come what may and love it.
 
Hermana Israelsen!

No comments:

Post a Comment