Monday, January 6, 2014

FIRST COMES THE TRIAL THEN COMES THE BLESSINGS - January 6, 2014


 
So I guess I better tell you about how New Year´s Eve (la noche vieja) went. It was sooooo awesome! Our whole district went to a member´s house, ate a huge dinner, played games, and partied it up. Because it was new year´s eve we got permission to stay out until midnight so that´s exactly what we did. They´ve got a tradition here with uvas (grapes). You have 12 grapes in hand or in a cup and then at midnight you start eating the grapes. You have to eat one grape every second for 12 seconds. Each grape represents a wish or desire and so if you don´t eat all twelve grapes in that time then you have however months of bad luck from the number of grapes you didn´t eat. Let me tell you though, it´s not as easy as you´d think. These grapes aren´t little raisins. THEY¨RE HUGE! I’m starting to think that the members might have given the American missionaries massive grapes on purpose though. If they did then all I have to say is props to them cause it was hysterical. One missionary almost choked, another just shoved all of the grapes into his mouth like a hamster, and another one just spit them all out. haha. Don´t worry! I DID IT! I got all 12 of my wishes and no bad luck. That makes me quite content. After that we drank celebratory juice and clinked classes like fancy folk. It was by far my favorite New Year´s Eve EVER! I’ve never had so much fun and laughed so hard on new year´s eve. Family, you best believe that I’m going to make you guys eat the grapes next year. You better start preparing! You´ve got less than a year.

The mission has been the greatest blessing in the world to me. Yeah, you have your ups and downs and good days and bad but in the end it´s the best thing I’ve ever done. The mission is never easy; the challenges are always changing but that doesn´t necessarily mean that it´s not fun. I wouldn´t trade my mission for anything else in the world. I´ve thought about that lately and I cannot think of another thing in the world that I’d trade my mission for. Nothing! I´ve come to develop a very deep and personal relationship with my Savior that has made everything worth it. That´s what has made my mission so amazing. yeah, I’m so grateful for the people I’ve met, the places I’ve been, and the things I’ve learned but the one thing that has made my mission the best experience of my life is the relationship I’ve developed with my Father in Heaven and Savior.  Getting down on my knees everyday and talking to my Heavenly Father are my favorite moments. I can´t help but smile as I pray, even when my heart is heavy, because I know how much the Lord cares for me and how He is preparing my way. I can say ¨come what may and love it¨ each and every day because I know that the Lord will be there for me every step of the way. It´s through my Savior that it´s possible to find the good in all of the bad. It´s through Him that amidst trials and heartache I can have joy. Sometimes I wonder how it´s possible that I’m so happy. That´s just it, we can´t quite wrap our heads around the joy that the gospel brings us. It fills us up, lifts us, and heals us. It´s the only way to true and lasting joy. It doesn´t lack anything. I love this work, I love my Savior, and I love you all!
 
Have an absolutely amazing week and don´t forget to find joy in the journey!
 
Love,
Hermana Israelsen!
AHHH!!! It´s such a good day! That is all


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment