Monday, January 6, 2014

Gods love is there whether you deserve it or not - December 16, 2013

First of all I just want to apologize for my last two emails! Things here are a lot busier now and we haven´t gotten our full email time since I got here. There´s a lot more to do with this new assignment than I thought. I love it though! It´s so awesome being able to work with, get to know, and learn from other hermanas. I´ve gotten to travel a little more too. We´re always behind on something because we´re so busy but I really like it like that! It´s awesome to be fully engaged and busy in the work of salvation.
 
On Saturday a group of missionaries from our mission were invited to sing in a concert. I think there were about 50 missionaries in total. On saturday we all got on a bus and traveled to sing. We sang a few christmas songs with all 50 of us and then one hermana sang a solo. After that a group of 8 hermanas, myself included, and 8 elders sang ¨walking in a winter wonderland¨. We then got to sing a few more songs with the orchestra.  It was honestly so fun and was actually a pretty big concert. There were supposed to be about 500 people there. We were all talking about what a memorable experience it was. I mean, how often do you get to sing in a huge concert as a missionary, in one of the most historic cities in Spain, and for Christmas. We all felt so lucky and so blessed. That was an experience that I will never forget.
 
Things are going really well here. We have a baptism coming up on friday. This man is a complete miracle.  He is sooooo excited for his baptism and so am I! 
 
This week I have been thinking a lot about the love of the Lord. Sometimes I just marvel that the lord can be so patient and loving to me even when i know that i´m frustrating him. God´s love is there for you if you deserve it or not. Whether you´re old, young, sick, healthy, obedient, lost, broken-hearted, angry, frustrated, sad, happy, humble, prideful, or a million other things, The Lord cares for you so deeply. He will cry with you, laugh with you, talk with you, listen to you, walk with you, and even carry you if necessary. He will never ever forsake you. NEVER. Don´t ever let that thought enter your mind because it is one of the greatest lies the adversary can tell you. God is there and HE LOVES YOU. The Lord is perfect so why wouldn´t his love, patience and forgiveness be perfect too? For those of you who feel broken-hearted, abandoned, forgotten, or uncared for, i am here to tell you that god´s love is there for you. Our Savior, Lord and Redeemer paid the price for you. He felt everything that you have gone through and it kills him when you feel too burdensome to come to him. I think that we don´t quite understand how badly it pains the savior when we feel like we can´t talk to him, that he doesn´t listen, or that our problems are unimportant to him. Pour your heart out to the Lord and ask to feel the love that he has for you. I promise that the Lord is ready and waiting to show you that he loves you. Ask him to show you his love for you and I promise you that you will either feel it in your heart or see it in the tender mercies that occur each day. He loves you and so do I.
It´s better to look up
Feliz Navidad.
Hermana Israelsen

No comments:

Post a Comment