Monday, January 6, 2014

CHANGES - December 2, 2013


This week was such a blur. So many changes in such a short time.
 
We´re in a ward of about 130 rather than a branch of 20.  Our area is massive! We have so many people to take care of too. We haven´t had a moment to sit down and rest since I got here. It´s been go go go since I got off of the bus and we´re literally running from appointment to appointment. It´s pretty different from what I’m used to but it´s great. We´re staying really busy.
 
We are training a new sister who doesn´t speak any English so that means it´s 24-7 Spanish mode. I LOVE IT! It´s helped so much and it´s fun too. She is seriously the most darling girl ever! I am so blessed to be companions with her. She is already such an incredible missionary and I feel like she´s been out in the mission just as long as I have. The three of us work really well together and are good at dividing everything up evenly so that no one person is doing everything. I´m so lucky!
 
I´m really happy here. I feel like I’m learning and growing so much! I still have a long way to go but I feel like I’m getting a little better each day. That´s what matters right?
 
I´ve really been working on humility this week. I´m the newbie in the area.  I don´t know everything and I’m still learning. There are other people who can teach me things and help me to learn and grow. 
 
The Lord knows each and every one of our weaknesses and I’m seeing how the mission is aimed at helping me turn my weaknesses into strengths. The Lord has really nailed me with the whole pride issue my entire mission. I´m so grateful for it though because humility is something that I have so desperately desired. The Lord knows that so he´s trying to give me some specific trials to humble me out. I really am so grateful for those trials!
 
I´m sorry this email is so jumbled. This week has just been so crazy and busy that I’ve only averaged about 5 hours of sleep a night. I´m a little tired but really happy. Haha. I´ll be spending most of my p-day taking a nap. Haha.
 
Thanks for all of the love, support, and patience! You are all wonderful!
 
Remember that whatever happens it´s all in the Lord´s hands. He has a plan and he knows what He´s doing.
LOVE YOU!
Hermana Israelsen

No comments:

Post a Comment